Managed Print Services from Photocopiers Direct
Savings & Print Environment Optimisation
Secure allows you to:
- Place print jobs into a virtual print queue – enabling you to conveniently release them from any printer on your network.
- Eliminates the risk of prying eyes viewing confidential documents.
- Save money by eliminating wasted pages left at the printer.
- Encourage users to only print the documents they really need.
- Bypass printer line-ups and malfunctioning devices.
- Ensure your data is secure but not transmitting any information outside of your network.
How it Works:
- Secure captures and holds print jobs via Client software which is deployed to individual workstations, and a server component which must be installed to a single computer on the network.
- Users release their jobs at a printer or manage their jobs by logging into the Secure Web Portal through any device with web access, including PC workstations, tablet PCs or even smartphones.
- The Secure Web Portal also allows users to view detailed information about each job in their queue. This information includes the document name, time printed, the original printer the job was sent to and more.
- With Secure, every printer is assigned a 2 to 5 character code, known as a Printer ID. When using a smart-phone to release a job, users enter this Printer ID to send a job to a specific printing device.
- To allow users to easily identify a printer’s Printer ID, a sticker template will be provided to allow organizations to easily print labels to apply to their printers and MFP’s
- Client software can easily be deployed enterprise wide via login script and mass deployment tools such as Group Policy, SMS, or any other software that can deploy an MSI file.
- The Client software runs on XP or newer.
- The server component is installed onto a single machine on the network that’s running IIS 6+ and Windows 2003 Server or newer.
- Captures print jobs from all networked and direct-to-IP printers.
- Has no reliance on print servers, print queues or port monitoring.
- Compatible with the full or express versions of Microsoft SQL Server.
Administration and Configuration Features:
- Web-based administration tool allows the software to be configured from any computer on the network
- Administrators can view and delete pending jobs for users.
- Unreleased jobs can configured to automatically delete after a specified period of time
- Printer groups can be created to ensure jobs are only released to compatible devices
- Reporting capabilities allow administrators to compare the number of jobs sent to Secure vs. the number actually printed
- Integrates with Print Audit 6 to ensure that Print Audit 6 only tracks jobs that are released
Web Release Station Features:
- Any web-enabled device can be used as a release station.
- Users are authenticated via Active Directory when logging into the web portal.
- Secure works with all modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 7 or newer.
- Compatible with Android 2.2 and up, IPhone, and most modern smartphones.
- Supports a wide variety of USB based card readers.